Feng shui is the practice of using spatial arrangement and orientation to create synergistic, harmonious surroundings in a room or home. Mirrors of many shapes and sizes are often used to achieve this because they help bring light and movement into space and move energy throughout a room. Here are some tips for placing mirrors in your home!
- Add a mirror to your home’s entryway. Adding a mirror in your foyer is recommended by feng shui experts because it’s where energy flows into your home. Make sure to place it on a wall perpendicular to the door as opposed to directly across from it.
- Place a mirror in your dining room. Experts recommend placing a mirror in your dining room to invite more wealth and abundance into your home.
- Hang mirrors along your hallways, not at the end. If you’re hanging a mirror in your hallway, place it along the length of it. Placing a mirror at the end of a hallway is said to slow or stop the flow of energy throughout that area of your home.
- Be careful when placing a mirror facing a window. In most cases, a mirror facing a window is a good practice as it brings nature and light inside. However, if there are any structures like electrical poles, wires, pipes, etc. outside the window, experts say that mirror placement can bring negative energy instead.
- Keep mirrors out of the kitchen. In the feng shui practice, kitchens are considered areas of negative energy. By keeping mirrors out of this area, you avoid doubling that negative energy.